- Pacific Hills was formally organized on June 12, 1955. It is a daughter congregation of First Lutheran, 31st and Jackson.
- The first meeting of prospective members was held at Sidles Company auditorium on April 17, 1955. Sidles was located near the northwest corner of 72nd and Pacific.
- The first worship service was held April 24, 1955, in the Sidles auditorium.
- The cornerstone was placed on February 24, 1957. It is a receptacle in the floor at the base of the chancel cross.
- Construction was completed in 1957.
- The first worship service was held in the new church on June 16, 1957; dedication service on June 23, 1957. There were 121 charter communicant members.
- The Rev. Dr. Lawrence Acker served as interim pastor 1955-1958 and again between Pastors Fichtelmann and Ruff.
- In April, 1958, the Rev. Donald R. Fichtelmann was ordained and installed on July 20, 1958.
- The Education Wing was built in 1962.
- On October 11, 1964, the Rev. Paul A. Ruff was installed and served until 1974. Dennis Underwood served as organist and choir director during most of this period. Neil Kasten served as the first Director of Christian Education from June, 1966, to June, 1968, when he was succeeded by Garth Snodgrass.
- In the late '60's the pipe organ (donated by an anonymous donor) and the stained glass windows were installed. The dedication of the organ and windows,took place on April 5, 1970. Dr. Paul Manz was dedicatory recitalist. The organ was refurbished in the late 90's. The new reredos was installed in late 2004.
- In 1971 Garth Snodgrass resigned as Director of Christian Education and the position was filled by William Grimm in April, 1972. Dennis Underwood resigned as Director of Music and Organist in July, 1971, and was replaced by Jerry D. Glaser, who served until September, 1975.
- On July 14, 1974, the Rev. Dr. Nathan R. Wadewitz was installed as pastor.
- In October, 1975, Dr. Charles W. Ore, Concordia College, Seward, was hired as Minister of Music. His first service was October 26. He resigned in late summer 2001.
- In 1976 DCE William Grimm took a call. The parish then opted for a second pastor. Assistant Pastor William G. Moorhead was installed December 4, 1977. His title was changed to Associate Pastor in April, 1978.
- PHLC began using LBW in 1978 and LW in 1981.
- The PHLC Foundation began in the early 80's. The governing documents of the Congregation and the Foundation were overhauled in 2000. The Parish Executive was added at that time.
- In July, 1988, Pastor Wadewitz took a call to First Lutheran Church, North Platte, and the Rev. Dr. William G. Moorhead became interim senior pastor. He was installed as senior pastor in April, 1989. The Rev. Scott D. McMahon was called to serve as associate pastor in November, 1989, and served until August, 1991. A call was extended to the Rev. James F. Wright to be our associate pastor in October, 1992, and he was installed February 7, 1993. He began January 1, 1993, and served until mid November, 1997.
- The parish began offering the Eucharist at both Sunday morning services in the mid-90's. Wednesday morning eucharist began then also.
- Lamb of God Preschool began operating in the mid '90's.
- Sudanese Ministries began here in May, 1998.
- Larry Biel became our DCE in August, 1999.
- Chris Ahlman was our Minister of Music 2001-2002.
- He was succeeded by Barbara Fremder when he left to enter Concordia Seminary, St. Louis.
- Rev. Bryan Drebes was installed as Senior Pastor in 2015.
- Dr. Jeffrey Blersch became the Director of Music in August 2018.
- Zach Hastings became the Director of Music in July 2020.
- Jim Mueller was commissioned as a Lay Minister at Pacific Hills in May 2022.
Pacific Hills Lutheran Church is a member of the